- What is check in/check out time?
- Check in is at 3:00 PM, check out time is at 12:00 PM.
- Do you allow smoking on property? In the rooms?
- We do not allow smoking on any floors of our hotel.
- How much do you charge for high speed/wifi internet access?
- Whether you're plugged in or not, Kimpton's loyalty program members get complimentary high-speed access on all devices during every stay. Wireless internet is also available for $12.99 per 24 hours for non-Kimpton loyalty members.
- Do you have a fitness center? What kind of equipment does it have? What are the hours?
- Yes, we have and On-site 24 hour fitness center with Precor Elliptical Trainers, Treadmills, Stair Climbers and Stationary Bikes. Hotel guests also have access to free weights, multi trainer rack system, various medicine balls and resistance bands for strength training.
- Do you offer room service? What are the hours?
- Yes we do. Room Service hours include: Breakfast: 6:00 AM - 10:30 AM, Lunch and Dinner: 11:30 AM - 11:30 PM.
- Do you have a business center?
- Yes, we have a business center. Fax, Copy, and delivery services are also available.
- Do you have a pool?
- Sorry, we do not have a pool on site. Guests who wish to go for a swim are encouraged to ask the concierge about local facilities.
- Do you have a spa? What are the hours?
- We proudly offer In-Room Spa Service. Services, which are available from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM, seven days a week. Reserve by calling 1.877.452.4772. More information is available on our In Room Spa page.
- How do I get to the hotel?
- Please see our Maps & Directions page.
- Do you offer free shuttle service from the airport?
- We do not provide free shuttle service from the airport, however we do recommend Liberty Transportation, for more information, visit our Maps & Directions page.
- What are your cross streets?
- We are located on 450 Powell St. between Sutter St. and Post St.
- Do you have onsite parking? How much is parking? Is it included in my room rate?
- We offer valet parking, the overnight parking fee is $55 plus tax, and oversized vehicles are $60 plus tax. The parking charge is an additional charge to the room rate and is not included unless otherwise noted in the package. For information on additional parking lots in the area, visit our Maps & Directions page.
- Will your rooms allow rollaways/cribs/playards? Is there a charge?
- Rollaway beds vary from room type to room type. The cost of a rollaway is $30 a night. Cribs are available free of charge.
- I booked on a website other than the hotel website and I need to make a change to my reservation. How do I do this?
- You must go through the booking agent/website that you went through in order to change your reservation.
- What is the minimum age requirement to check in to the room?
- You must be 21 years of age with a valid ID to check in to the hotel.
- What is your cancellation/deposit policy?
- We require a credit card at the time of booking. You must cancel outside of 24 hours prior to arrival (6 PM local hotel time) to avoid a one night's room and tax to your card. Please note that for special rates, packages and certain seasons, this policy is subject to change.
- Is my ID/passport required at check in?
- We do require presentation of a valid government-issued identification at the time of check-in.
- What age do kids stay for free?
- Kids 17 and under stay for free in existing bedding when accompanying an adult.
- Do you have connecting rooms?
- We do have a limited number of connecting rooms. Connecting rooms must be requested in advance and cannot be guaranteed.
- Do you have accessible rooms?
- Yes, we have accessible rooms. Some of these rooms include modified bath tubs with bars and added facility, and some include a roll-in shower. For more information on the accessible features of our hotel, click here. To find out more about our accessible rooms, click here.
- Do you have an early departure fee?
- Yes, an early departure fee in an amount of up to one night's room and tax may apply.
- What are the hours of the restaurant/bar/lounge?
The Sir Francis Drake provides three dining options:
Harry Denton's Starlight Room
Scala's Bistro is open from 7:00 AM-10:30 AM for breakfast, 11:30 AM-3:00PM for lunch, Light fare will be available from 3-5:15 PM and 5:15-1 PM Sunday-Thursday and 5:15 PM - Midnight for dinner. scalasbistro.com
Harry Denton's Starlight room is open from 5:00 PM-2:00 AM Tuesday - Saturday Including Dancing, which begins at 6:00 PM. In addition there is a show titled, Sunday's a Drag, two shows at Noon and 2:00 PM. Doors open at 11:00 AM. harrydenton.com
Bar Drake is open from 11:00 AM-12:00 AM Sunday thru Thursday, and 11:00 AM-1:00 AM, Friday and Saturday.
- I have questions about my bill. Who do I call?
- You can call the hotel general line at 415.392.7755, and ask for the accounting department.
- What forms of payment are accepted to pay for my room?
- We accept all major credit cards. When you check in to the hotel, we will hold the full room and tax total, plus $100 for honor bar and restaurant charges. These charges will be released from your account within 5 days after check out. We do not accept checks. If you would like to check in to the hotel with cash, we will ask for a deposit of the full room charges and tax plus $100 per night for honor bar and restaurant charges. You will get the remaining money back at the time of check out.
- Are pets allowed? Are there restrictions for weight, height or types?
- Yes, we welcome pets at the hotel with no restrictions. To optimize your pet's stay, fill out a Pet Preferences card at the hotel.
- Do you have pet free rooms for those with allergies?
- Yes, we have designated pet free room available upon request.
- Do you have pet sitting or dog walking services?
- Pet sitting and walking are available by a third party for a fee; this can be arranged by contacting the hotel concierge at 415-395-8510.
- How far do you have to walk to take your pet out?
- Union Square is about half a block away from the hotel property.
- I want flowers, chocolates, champagne, gifts sent to the room. How do I do this?
- Our concierge team will be delighted to help make special arrangements for you. Contact them directly at 415-395-8510 or email@example.com.
- How do I book a meeting?
- Fill out an RFP online form and host your next meeting at a Kimpton Hotel: Request for Proposal
- How can I create a unique atmosphere during my meeting?
- Creative amenities are a cornerstone of Kimpton Hotels, and meetings here are anything but ordinary. Visit Signature Meetings to find out more information on how to plan your next event.
- Do you offer special group rates?
- Kimpton Hotels offers special rates during certain times of the year and the week. Please find a list of our Hot Dates, Great Rates and book your next meeting at a Kimpton Hotel.
- My company feels strongly about sustainable partnerships, how can Kimpton incorporate an eco-friendly element to our meeting?
- Answer: Hold your next meeting in one of our hotels and the effect will be great, but the cause will be greater. Kimpton offers Great Meetings, Great Causes to help support our environment.
- Need more information about booking a meeting at a Kimpton Hotel?
- Whether your goal is productivity or festivity, we make sure every detail is managed with caring service and a sense of style. Visit Kimpton Meetings for more information.
- How can I book a wedding at a Kimpton Hotel?
- Let us help you plan your perfect wedding, please visit Kimpton Weddings for more information.
Still Have a Question? Contact Us