Scala's Bistro, San Francisco
Larry Finn is the executive chef of Scala's Bistro, at Kimpton's historic Sir Francis Drake Hotel in San Francisco. He is responsible for the menus at Scala's Bistro, as well as the banquet and in-room menus for the Sir Francis Drake Hotel, and oversees the entire kitchen staff. As the executive chef, Larry will be bringing Scala's Bistro back to its Italian roots, and will continue to focus on ingredients from local farmers, ranchers, fishers and purveyors.
In his free time, Larry spends time with his wife and two kids.
- Q: Who is your culinary mentor?
- A: Gray Kunz
- Q: What is your favorite ingredient to cook with?
- A: Salt & Sugar, salt brings the flavor out and sugar balances the flavors
- Q: Who would you most like to cook for?
- A: My wife, Therese and Kids Magnolia and PJ
- Q: What is your favorite cookbook?
- A: The Elements of Taste by Gray Kunz and Peter Kaminsky
- Q: Name a career highlight?
- A: Going to Hangar-7 in Salzburg, Austria to cook for some of the best Chef's in the world, when Café Gray was the featured restaurant there
Scala's | 432 Powell St, San Francisco, CA 94102 | Phone: 1-415-395-8555 | www.scalasbistro.com