San Francisco didn’t get to be a world-class destination by resting on its laurels. A city with a rich tradition of arts, culture and some of the most stunning displays of architecture in the entire country -- ranging from pristine Victorians to civic marvels like the Golden Gate Bridge – it’s also a place that never stops innovating and creating. So whether your passions run from opera and art galleries to food, wine and spectator sports, you’ll be sure to find enough attractions and diversions to have you falling in love with the city’s charismatic character. Our San Francisco shortlist includes:
- AT&T Park: A sports and entertainment landmark that’s home to the San Francisco Giants, major concerts and other high-profile events.
- Chinatown: The country’s largest and second oldest Chinatown, San Francisco’s is a colorful enclave full of shops, cultural centers and of course fabulous dining opportunities.
- Shopping: Some of San Francisco's most sought after shopping is just steps away. Escape to Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Tiffany's or Bloomingdales for the afternoon.
- Embarcadero: The city’s “front door” this is where ferries come and go and shoppers and foodies browse and graze at the Ferry Building and Embarcadero Center.
- Fisherman's Wharf: The heart of San Francisco’s historic waterfront, Pier 39 and the surrounding area are a tourist-friendly romp filled with boutiques, restaurants and epic sights including postcard-perfect views of Alcatraz and the bay.
- Golden Gate Park: The city’s famous greenbelt, loved by locals for it bike paths, cultural institutions and popular festivals.
- Moscone Convention Center: Where San Francisco gets meetings done, a central hub for the city’s conventions and trade shows.